2018 NSW State Team Head Coach applications now open
Basketball New South Wales is calling for applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to be a part of the NSW State Team’s staff.
Applications are open for Head Coaches in all age groups for the 2018 Australian Junior Championships and are sought for:
- NSW Country Under 16 Women
- NSW Country Under 16 Men
- NSW Metropolitan Under 16 Women
- NSW Metropolitan Under 16 Men
- NSW Country Under 18 Women
- NSW Country Under 18 Men
- NSW Metropolitan Under 18 Women
- NSW Metropolitan Under 18 Men
- NSW Under 20 Men
- NSW Under 20 Women
Please note that the selection and appointment of Head Coaches to the NSW Ivor Burge teams will be managed separately to this process, information will be released at a later date.
Applicants will be reviewed and short- listed by the BNSW Coach Expression of Interest Review Panel. Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview during the week of the 28/08/17- 1/09/17.
Successful applicants for the positions should meet the selection criteria as listed below:
- Currently registered member of Basketball New South Wales
- Actively coaching in a BNSW competition or BNSW development program – or proven commitment to re enter both
- Basketball Australia Association Coach accredited
- Demonstrated experience in coaching junior basketball athletes at representative level
- Experience coaching at an Australian Junior Championship or Basketball Australia Schools Championship, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a program, including managing support staff and liaising with Basketball NSW on administrative/organisational aspects of the program
- Current NSW Working with Children check
- Continually adhere to the BNSW Coaches Code of Conduct and Safe Coaching policies and procedures
- Willingness to work collaboratively with BNSW development staff on style of play and athlete development systems
- A declaration of any Conflict of Interest
Successful Candidates will be required to fulfil the following commitments:
- Attend 2 SPP camps each year
- Availability to attend minimum of one round of the BNSW D-League as an observer
- Availability to coach in or attend the ACJBC or CDT (Country), ECC (Metro)
- Ability to meet identified deadlines in terms of submitting squad lists, selection dates and administrative requirements
Applications should include a letter of application clearly stating which position you are applying for, coaching resume and a current Working With Children (WWC) number.
Applications can be emailed to:
State Coaching & Development Manager, Basketball New South Wales
Applications close Friday the 28th of July, 2017