The aim of the D-League is to identify talented players and coaches, who are competing and coaching within the NSW Spalding Waratah Junior Leagues and assist with their development by having them train, play and coach against each other in a tournament-style environment.
Basketball NSW has made some changes to the format for 2020 due to the disruptions caused by COVID-19.
2020 D-League Dates
→8 November (Minto) – U15 Boys & Girls and U16 Boys & Girls
→15 November (Minto) – U15 Boys & Girls and U16 Boys & Girls
→22 November (Barker College) – U14 Boys & Girls and U18 Boys & Girls
→29 November (Minto) – U14 Boys & Girls and U18 Boys & Girls
Games will commence at 8:00 am and finish at 5:00 pm. A training session and two games will occur in week one, with three games in week two for all age groups.
→U14 Boys & Girls (born 2008) – 40 athletes to be selected in each age group
→U15 Boys & Girls (born 2007) – 40 athletes to be selected in each age group
→U16 Boys & Girls (born 2006) – 40 athletes to be selected in each age group
→U18 Boys & Girls (born 2005/2004) – 40 athletes to be selected in each age group
With the disruptions caused by COVID-19 this year, the selection process for athletes for D-League will vary slightly. The following criteria will be looked at when considering all applicants:
- Attendance at the Country and Metro High-Performance Trials;
- Recommendations from Associations Coaching Directors, BNSW network coaches and BNSW High-Performance Coaches;
- Past performances at BNSW events
To be selected for D-League, athletes must display elements of the following:
- Outstanding potential to compete at a higher level;
- Athletic ability e.g. speed, height, quick hands and strength;
- Demonstrated attitude to become an exceptional basketball player;
- Be highly receptive to coaching
Cost to participate in D-League is $220. This will cover the cost of a playing singlet and shorts, as well as all court hire and referee costs.
Squad Announcement: For the full list of selected athletes please CLICK HERE.