I AM A GIRL
LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The I AM A GIRL (IAAG) Leadership Scholarship Program is proudly supported by the NSW Government and Basketball NSW as part of the 2022 FIBA Women’s Basketball World Cup legacy program.
The I AM A GIRL Leadership Scholarship Program is offered FREE to selected female players, coaches, referees, statisticians, scoretable officials, team managers, and administrators and includes a 12-month holistic program designed to encourage and inspire women and girls right across NSW.
Expression of Interest are closed.
The I AM A GIRL Leadership Scholarship Program aims to provide additional education and specialised training to develop skills in basketball, teamwork, interpersonal skills, knowledge of the game as a whole and in their area of interest.
After the program, all participants will be involved in a community project of their choice. They impart their newly gained skills and experiences and inspire the next generation of basketballers to achieve greatness. Ensuring the legacy continues!
Program Topics include
The I AM A GIRL program topics include;
- Career pathways
Each I AM A GIRL Leadership Scholarship holder will take part in a unique experience to their respective area of interest in basketball.
The first intake of the I AM A GIRL program will commence in July 2021 and will conclude in June 2022. The program includes;
- 6-8 online education sessions.
- Access to guest speakers from a variety of topics and backgrounds.
- Belonging to, connecting with, and being a part of an inclusive network of like-minded individuals who are committed to empowering women and girls to achieve.
As a scholarship holder, your commitment to the program includes;
- Attending the online sessions and any follow-up activities.
- Attendance at your unique experience.
- Undertaking a community event after the program.
- Opportunity to take part in the FIBA Women’s World Cup Scholarship Program Event.