HORIZONS GROUP TRAVEL
Job Position- International Sports Tour Coordinator
Horizons Group Travel are looking to fill their International Sports Tour Coordinator, full-time (38-hours per week) role.
The Horizons Group Travel, which has been in operation since 2001, specialise in International Tours for the Youth Market Segment for Schools, Clubs and Associations. Horizons provides tailor made group tour packages inclusive of flights, accommodation, transport, sightseeing and activities. The range of tours we plan and manage include Basketball, Rugby, Soccer, Cricket, Netball, Cheerleading, Music, History, Art, Science and many more.
We are a small team made of up of individuals from a variety of backgrounds, with a common trait being our passion for travel and the transformative effects it can have.
Our mission as an organisation is to provide a once in a lifetime experience to each and every passenger that travels with us.
The Company is seeking at individual who can drive tour sales, maintain client relationships and coordinate our tours. The role is part of our specialist Sports Department with a focus on Basketball, Cheerleading, Soccer,Netball, Rugby,and Cricket tours
We are looking for an individual who has a passion for and knowledge of these Sports and is interested in Travel. The ideal candidate will be passionate, ambitious and results focused.
- Business Development. Target and develop business relationships with schools and sporting organisations across Australia, with a view to meeting their international Tour needs.
- Lead generation. Through marketing, networking and direct communication with schools and sporting organisations to generate leads for school tours.
- Customer Relationship Management. Manage current client relationships through ongoing communication via phone, email and face to face meetings.
- Tour Organisation. Work with the Operations Team, Event Organisers, Suppliers, Hosts, Venues and Attractions to plan all aspects of tours, including but not limited to booking flights, accommodation, transport, sightseeing, activities and school exchanges.
- Fixture Scheduling. Working with overseas schools, sporting organisations, events and tour operators to secure fixtures needed for the completion of tour itineraries.
- Marketing. Plan and execute marketing campaigns to promote Horizons tour offerings.
- Itinerary Development. Develop tour itineraries by identifying tour destinations, events, and activities that align with school and sporting organisation goals.
- Events. Identify and work with international event organisers to provide educational, cultural and performance opportunities for groups.
- Suppliers. Identify and develop relationships with international suppliers capable of assisting with the delivery of tour requirements.
- Strategy. Assisting the Managing Director to develop strategies to continue to grow the Company.
- Goals. Meet measurable tour, participant, revenue and profit goals.
- Presentation. Represent the Company by presenting to potential school and sporting clients
- Communication. Maintain clear and concise communication both internally, other staff, and externally, Tour Leaders and Tour Participants.
- Financial. Ensuring all tours are managed within budgets, including maintaining tour profit margins
- Travel. Represent Horizons Group Travel at trade shows, interstate client meetings and as a Tour Manager on International Tours.
Skills & Attributes:
- A proven track record of developing, building and maintaining relationships
- Experience or background in Sport
- Ability to meet and exceed targets
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally
- Strong negotiation skills
- Detail oriented and client focused
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to thrive under pressure and multi task in an extremely fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Organisational, planning and time management skills
- Working with children check
- Drivers Licence
Apply for this role
To apply for this position please submit a Resume along with a Cover Letter addressing the Position Skills and Attributes to [email protected]
Questions regarding the position can be addressed to the Managing Director -Michael Edwards on (02) 9764 3421.
Closing: 30 Sep 2018
CLICK HERE to be directed to SportsPeople.