Grant Writer- Basketball NSW
New South Wales Basketball is the governing body of basketball in the state of NSW, Australia. Our vision is for basketball to be the sport of choice in NSW by leading the growth, promotion and participation of basketball by supporting our community at all levels.
This role provides support to the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer by identifying strategically grant opportunities across a wide range of grantors and working collaboratively across the organisation to develop and submit comprehensive grant proposals.
To systematically grow our revenue from philanthropic, corporate and government grants. You will generate revenue from grants to fund our programs and identify and research high-value prospects for sponsorships, partnerships and major gifts.
To work with the extended basketball community to help identify and research a range of high value funding opportunities.
You will be responsible for preparing and submitting outstanding applications for all eligible grants; and producing high quality impact reports and acquittals for all grants received.
Demonstrated knowledge, passion and commitment to working in the not-for-profit sector and an understanding of sport in NSW.
Understanding of both Australian and NSW grants landscape and philanthropic communities.
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Senior Leadership Team External
Our affiliated members (Associations)
ARE YOU INVOLVED IN OTHER BASKETBALL ACTIVITIES?
If yes that’s great and we encourage our staff to be actively involved in the game in other capacities, such as coaching, being a team manager, refereeing right through to just being a fan.
We get it and we understand it, as basketball runs through the veins for a lot of our staff members.
The successful applicant can continue to undertake these activities in their own time, but this must be disclosed at the time for applying for the role and must not present conflicts of interest in this role.
When you become a part of the basketball family, many networking opportunities present themselves and an opportunity may present itself to you that you would like to pursue. However, before accepting any such position(s), you will need to gain approval from Basketball NSW first. You may be required to demonstrate that the position(s) will not in any way interfere with your employment and will in no way create a conflict of interest between the external position and your role at Basketball NSW.
If permission to undertake the requested appointment is granted, and will require leave, the only form of leave from duties that will be made available to undertake is either annual leave or leave without pay.
This is a part-time role (2-3 days per week), with the possibility of additional days during busy grant application periods.
- Working with children check
- Drivers Licence
- Experience working in not-for-profit sectors is highly regarded
- Experience in engaging directly and personally with high-value donors and supporters.
- Experience in research and writing grant applications.
- Experience in proactively marketing and promoting services and identifying new opportunities and developing supporter relationships.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to effectively liaise with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders from sport and non- sport backgrounds.
- Excellent time management skills ability to work to deadlines.
- Experience writing philanthropic grant applications.
- Experience in Major Donor, Bequest Fundraising and/or key account management is preferred.
Applications for this role are now open, to apply for this position, you need to:
- Include a covering letter explaining why you are perfect for this role.
- Provide your resume, outlining your skills and experience. Applications can be emailed to:
Human Resources Basketball NSW [email protected]
Applications close: Monday 23rd November 2020