Communications and Social Media Assistant Internship (voluntary)
Basketball NSW is the governing body of basketball in the State of NSW. BNSW is seeking someone to take on the role of Communications & Social Media Assistant to assist in promoting the achievements and accomplishments of the sport& athletes in NSW. This role would suit someone who is completing studies in the sports media, communications or marketing area and has a passion for sport.
The role of the Communications & Social Media Assistant is to assist in content creation involving exposure over social media channels and the BNSW website and will include content creation in the form of news articles, match reports, interviews, image, video creation and graphics. You’re an enthusiastic self-starter looking to gain hands-on in various aspects of media and communications work, including multimedia production and event based media management. You have great interpersonal skills, a can-do attitude, good creative judgment, strong attention to detail, and the ability to manage projects.
The role will work with and report directly to the Communications & Digital Media Officer. Working in this role will expose the correct applicant to an elite sporting environment and the wider basketball NSW community.
- Come up with original and engaging content ideas and deliver these across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Play an instrumental part in the creation of media content for the Spalding Waratah Senior League which includes match reports, video creation & editing, interviews and social media assets.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to maximise opportunities to promote basketball and related partnerships through digital media.
- Attend BNSW events which would include weekend work
- Determine and monitor performance indicators for social media
- Play an active role in the BNSW Communications team and support the BNSW content marketing strategy.
- Demonstrated interest in communications, especially social media and marketing
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience or interest in graphic creation
- Strong writing skills, including precise grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Excellent interpersonal skills including conducting interviews
- Sports Media / Marketing / Communications Degree or undertaking qualification in relevant field
- Sound knowledge of the Adobe creative suites, social media platforms and Microsoft applications
- Working with Children Check
- Drivers Licence
The role is flexible and varied and we are looking for someone who can work from our Homebush office for one/two days per week, with opportunities to work weekends at BNSW events. All out of pocket expenses would be covered by BNSW.
Please address a cover letter and resume to Communications & Digital Media Officer Jaylee Ismay via email@example.com by COB Friday 28th May.