ABOUT THE POSITION
Basketball NSW is the governing body of basketball in the State of NSW.
An opportunity is now available for a highly organised manager to join our team on a fixed term maternity leave basis (May 2021-Dec 2021).
The position will oversee the first phase roll out of our 2022 FIBA Women’s World Cup legacy programs along with the finalising the delivery of the Her Sport Her Way program. You will be responsible for building positive relationships and representing basketball at meetings that are related to increasing the participation in basketball within your allocated region.
- To finalise the delivery of the Her Sport Her Way Grant Program, “I AM A GIRL. I CAN DO ANYTHING”.
- To oversee two direct reports:
- I AM A GIRL Program Coordinator
- Community Growth Program Coordinator
- To mange the successful delivery of the first phase of our Legacy programs:
- I Am A Girl Scholarship Program
- Dads & Daughters Programs
- I Am A Girl Association Week
- Holiday camps, clinics & 3×3 tournaments
- To oversee the Aussie Hoops and Sporting Schools programs.
- To assist with the coordination of other activities as directed.
- To represent Basketball NSW at meetings as directed.
- General Manager, Community Growth & Marketing
- Indigenous & Linguistically Diverse Programs Manager
- Other Regional Development Officers
- All other basketball NSW Staff
- Our affiliated members (Associations) within your region.
- Office of Sport
ARE YOU INVOLVED IN OTHER BASKETBALL ACTIVITIES?
If yes that’s great and we encourage our staff to be actively involved in the game in other capacities, such as coaching, being a team manager, refereeing right through to just being a fan.
We get it and we understand it, as basketball runs through the veins for a lot of our staff members.
The successful applicant can continue to undertake these activities in their own time, but this must be disclosed at the time for applying for the role and must not present conflicts of interest in this role.
When you become a part of the basketball family, many networking opportunities present themselves and an opportunity may present itself to you that you would like to pursue. However, before accepting any such position(s), you will need to gain approval from Basketball NSW first. You may be required to demonstrate that the position(s) will not in any way interfere with your employment and will in no way create a conflict of interest between the external position and your role at Basketball NSW.
If permission to undertake the requested appointment is granted, and will require leave, the only form of leave from duties that will be made available to undertake is either annual leave or leave without pay.
Overtime is not paid in this position, pre-approved, rostered time off in lieu of overtime is offered.
Additional incentive plans may be available for these roles based on quantifiable deliverables for our programs. These will be discussed on successful completion of the probationary period.
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Drivers Licence
- Own Vehicle (Car Allowance Provided)
- Is a self-starter and can work in both a team environment and on their own
- Positive and approachable personality
- Passionate about sport and working at the grass roots level
- Experience in either sports administration or working in a call centre
- Experience in using both Google and Microsoft products
- Experience in using Sports TG/Game Day