NEW SOUTH WALES BASKETBALL
New South Wales Basketball is the governing body of basketball in the state of NSW, Australia. Our vision is for basketball to be the sport of choice in NSW by leading the growth, promotion and participation of basketball by supporting our community at all levels.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
• To support BNSW in the design and implementation of basketball coaching development structures at associations, clubs and schools throughout NSW.
• To improve the overall standard, professionalism and capacity of coaches and players within NSW.
• To promote and collaborate to build resources to nurture a statewide culture of coach education in basketball.
• Coordinate, promote, manage and deliver (where appropriate) education and training courses in coach education at Association, Club and School levels (including the development of a network of course presenters);
• Liaise with Basketball Australia to ensure alignment with appropriate and current National Coach Education guidelines;
• Manage all areas of Coach Development including clinics, tours and all coaching resources;
• Assist in the targeting, recruitment & development of quality coaches into the BNSW Development and High-Performance Programs;
• Coaching and Administration support for High Performance Programs;
• Produce regular communication to NSW accredited basketball coaches and Associations through the use of any and all platforms (including the BNSW website and social media);
• Manage the BNSW Coaches Database and maintain all accreditation records;
• Assist with on-court Coaching at Basketball NSW Development Camps & in BNSW Programs;
• Assist in the development of marketing materials for the High-Performance department.
SELECTION CRITERIA (knowledge, abilities and skills required)
The successful applicant must:
• Possess relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience;
• Have experience in coaching at elite and developmental levels of Basketball;
• Hold a current Association Accreditation level (Level 2) or be willing to attain within 6 months;
• Demonstrated experience and skills in teaching / coaching basketball to both players and coaches;
• Have an understanding of the Coach Accreditation system in Australia;
• Possess the ability to deliver coaching courses or be willing to attain presenter status;
• Be honest, reliable and disciplined; • Be a solution orientated problem solver with a proactive approach and proven initiative;
• Possess highly developed interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills;
• Be well organised and have excellent time management skills;
• Possess demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel;
• Be prepared to work as an integral part of a professional and dedicated team;
• Be willing to work out of office hours and weekends (due to the nature of the role);
• Hold a current working with children card;
• Hold a current driver’s license.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter and resume outlining relevant experience and skills.
The application requires documentation which addresses the selection criteria.
All applications should be addressed and emailed to: Antonio Rosina (Coaching and Development Administrator)
Email: [email protected] Subject: Coach Development Manager Application
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 15 July 2019