Basketball NSW are now hiring a Community Growth Programs Administrator on a 12-month contract.
Position Title – Community Growth Programs Administrator
Employment Type – 12-month contract
Location – 27,11-21 Underwood Road, Homebush, NSW 2140
Commencing – January 2020
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Basketball NSW via Basketball Australia are recipients of Move it Aus funding from Sport Australia to deliver two specific community programs, those being Walking Basketball and 3×3. This role is an entry level position and will play an integral support role within our Community Growth & Marketing team, helping us achieve the program objectives and targets. We are looking for candidates, who may hold some experience in sport administration, however experience with the sport administration sector are not fundamental as we are prepared to work with candidates to develop product knowledge and presentation skills.
• To develop opportunities by researching and identifying potential customers of community growth programs.
• To cold-call prospects that are generated by external sources of lead and book community growth programs, includes follow-up and handling inbound, unsolicited phone calls and covert into programs being booked.
• To assist with sourcing, training and allocating network coaches to community growth programs to be delivered. Some program delivery may be required from time to time.
• To manage the community growth platforms to ensure participants can register for community growth programs.
• To attend all BNSW events as directed to assist community growth programs targets being met.
• To work with and assist other Basketball NSW staff and stakeholders in ensuring community growth targets are being met.
• Community Basketball & Inclusion Manager
• General Manager, Community Growth & Marketing
• Chief Executive Officer
• Finance Department
• Our Business Development Officers
• Our affiliated members (Associations)
• Can manage multiple projects at a time whilst paying attention to detail.
• Has strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to embrace new technologies and processes.
• Is a self-starter and can work in both a team environment and on their own.
• Is a creative thinker with a proactive approach towards their work.
• Experience in either sports administration or working in a call centre.
• Experience in using both Google and Microsoft products.
• Experience in using Sports TG.
ARE YOU INVOLVED IN OTHER BASKETBALL ACTIVITIES?
If yes that’s great and we encourage our staff to be actively involved in the game in other capacities, such as coaching, being a team manager, refereeing right through to just being a fan. We get it and we understand it, as basketball runs through the veins for a lot of our staff members. The successful applicant can continue to undertake these activities in their own time, but this must be disclosed at the time for applying for the role and must not present conflicts of interest in this role.
When you become a part of the basketball family, many networking opportunities present themselves and an opportunity may present itself to you that you would like to pursue. However, before accepting any such position(s), you will need to gain approval from Basketball NSW first. You may be required to demonstrate that the position(s) will not in any way interfere with your employment and will in no way create a conflict of interest between the external position and your role at Basketball NSW.
If permission to undertake the requested appointment is granted, and will require leave, the only form of leave from duties that will be made available to undertake is either annual leave or leave without pay.
Overtime is not paid in this position, pre-approved, rostered time off in lieu of overtime is offered.
Applications for this role are now open, to apply for this position, you need to:
• Include a covering letter explaining why you are perfect for this role.
• Provide your resume, outlining your skills and experience.
Applications can be emailed to:
Community Basketball & Inclusion Manager Basketball NSW
Applications close: Friday 8th November 2019